19 September, 2014

Don't let me into these harbours?

Don't let me into these harbours?

Oh, but you are troubling, aren't you dear?
It must have been the erie whistling of the
Whirlwind you had tucked so neatly away.
It calls my ship unto harbour within you.
To know I mustn't, whilst I can have no say.
This is my madness, my love, and yet to lie?
Omission cannot negate my presence, only
Abate the sound of my voice, even while
Its scripted onto entrails of consciousness.
It grows too restless and wrestles my sanity.
Were I to but heed its heady presence I might
Know peace, but only thinly, sickly, it will be.
It cried out to me your siren's song long ago,
Before your lips laid their trap upon my name.
I should have turned a blind eye; a deaf ear,
For no rights have I possessed to linger here.
Yet linger on I must, to own my weaknesses.
Arithmetic legacy of my countless abandons.
It is this knowledge; what belies my smile.
Rather you to tread upon entanglement?
I do speak of rather not, yet love you still.
I beg that you would turn your blind eye, so.
Even as I taste the treasures of your mind.
Kill me with your kindness, but please love.
Kill me swiftly, if it pleases you or enthralls!
Kill me slowly, I die for every one of them, too.
Or let her take me; save your hand for her own.
I will bide you idly, and let it all be so complete.
It could kill me on its own if only i'd give it time.
My love has laid to waste for all my everything.
Every star at night, my every one, all I've known.
The secret shamings of my senseless stupour,
I can't admit when I know enough has come.
Its burdens blighting my karma on my only soul.
So many footprints lost to ages, as I walk alone.

-phoenix
9.18.2014

No comments: