30 September, 2014

The Comedy of Tragedy

The Comedy of Tragedy

Twas a split second and could have looked away.
Without second thought, without fleeting glance;
If not for words, token gesture, oh, what might be!
Of those chance encounters; often to be unseen.
Of beautiful absences; rarely, to know of anything.
'Tis wonder in not, if I had not found, astonishing.
The edge of rainbows, the light of stars, miniscule.
A second; fork in the road, situational subjectivity.
How did you find me here, how dare I to recognise?
How did such fateful fortune look down to find me?
If I accept I could be heads, then you could be tails.
Perhaps not my gift, but your karmic retribution, too.
In regarding you, I'd be the coin so we two find peace.
Prefer I, receive your light, than you of my dark deeds.
Digging crystals buried in fields of shimmering sand.
A comedy of the would be tragedy, gift of immensity,
I am nothing of worthy, for this misguided pleasantry.
But be ungrateful? No, more so for this than anything!
Kindred spirits are not born so, it is learned tranquility.
If creation is to equal, to come by you, simply amazing.

-phoenix
9.30.2014

No comments: