30 May, 2008

And I wait...

And I Wait…

In a world where daylight never dawns
the lark never mourns the death of night.
No! The nightingale sings her troubling tune
for all of eternity.
The fiery mystery of the sun has never
tainted this pure darkness.
The wonder of the evening stars never
ceasing to amaze.
The moon will never drown herself
in the sea;
the crickets will play their happy music
and the spirits will walk forever.
And I…am sitting in my rocking chair
on some unknown porch.
My pen still, my paper void and I
stare at all I stand to lose
should tomorrow ever
come.

---phoenix
5-30-2008

[this is an updated version of a piece I originally penned in 1996]

any copying/reproduction/distribution of this writing, in whole or in part, without express permission from the author is strictly prohibited. ©SaerenPhoenix 2008

(Please contact the author with questions.)

No comments: